Saturday 24 November 2012

Fuck you Inconsistency!

A few weeks ago, I had this sudden wave of baking successes.



First I made a few cupcakes that came out really well, even my sisters enjoyed them which is rare because no one in my family eats what I bake, which is kinda confusing because I'm not sure if it's so bad at baking that they avoid it or they don't like eating cakes and stuff which is weird because who doesn't love to eat those deliciousness.


Successful Batch of Cupcakes.
Followed by another batch.


So a few days later I decided to make some macarons , they came out really good as well...

Salted Caramel with Nutella because I was too lazy to actually make the filling.



Fast forward to a few days ago. I decided to make even more macarons. 

ALL OF THEM FUCKING FAILED.

I have no idea what the hell I did wrong because I've been doing the exact same thing as I have done while I was on my macaron making craze, which by the way all came out successfully.

And I am actually really pissed off because all the 4 batches that I made all came out cracked and looked more like the ones I made when I first started.




The problem with my obsession with macarons is that when I start, I won't stop until I find the problem. But I guess one good thing that came out from this barrage of failures after a wave of successes is that now I know I won't want to be involved in culinary in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I've also made a lot of macarons and spent lots of money on good quality almond meal... I have decided there is no consistency to them. Just when you think you're getting better, they fucking fail on you AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHY CAUSE YOU DID IT THE SAME WAY THE LAST TIME!

    Also for cupcakes, I am never satisfied as I feel they are two heavy. Remember "cooking with dogs" sponge cake? I used that recipe for cupcakes, was the best thing everrrr. I only have icing issues, I tried to make a royal buttercream (Meringue x Buttercream frost) but it came out really buttery. Any recomendations on frosting? (besides chocolate. Not keen on chocolate.)

    SAY HI ON SKYPE ONCE IN A WHILE
    <3
    steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Z!

      I used to have the same problem with my cakes being to heavy, but I've actually found out how to make them really soft, probably as light as that sponge cake recipe you showed me. I will tell you the "secret" on Skype... the secret is too valuable to share with the internet.

      Delete