Saturday 12 May 2012

In need of a new book...

After completing all 3 books from the Millenium Trilogy, I decided that it was time to start reading books that doesn't have a movie adaptation.


So I went down to Popular one day to get a new novel , which is a bad idea because going to Popular to buy a book is like coming to Singapore to buy Winter Clothes. I mean Popular sells books but their range is really limited so all they had was a shitload of Hunger Games, a bit of Twilight, some Harry Potter lying around and this new book called 50 Shades of Grey, which I instantly placed back at the "Hot Seller" section after realizing it's some love novel that started as a Twilight Fan Fiction, and we know that Twilight fans are a bit loose in the head,  I mean I watched on video on Youtube about this girl crying her eyes out after watching the Trailer for Breaking Dawn.

You're Welcome~!


And then I saw this book....



And I decided to get it despite the back telling me it's going to be a love story between a Witch and a Vampire. I was going to over look that minor setback because Witchcraft and Magic sounds like it will be fun.


But of course because the main character is a Witch, and one that has denied her fucking heritage, she hardly uses her magic until the back of the book, and the back is hard to get to because the middle portion of it is about her and the Vampire falling in love, which was pretty hard to read because my mind kinda switched off at that part. It's so bloody boring, there are 2 pages in the back that I skimmed through and decided was stuff that I could just skip past because it was just the main character and the vampire giving each other blow jobs in a non crude way.


I would probably enjoy it if it was crude because when my mind was painting the picture, it was actually censored by a blanket thanks to the author's description. 


On second thought I'm not even sure if that really happened or that I just couldn't be fucked by the love story portion I just read past the middle portion of the book so quickly everything just clicked the way I wanted them to and not how the author intended them to.


But the last part was slightly better because the main character started using a bit of magic and some revelations were made. Overall it's not a bad book per se and I will probably get the sequel, but the love story part of the book I can do without because it's just so fucking boring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment