Tuesday 13 March 2012

22 Years Old



I have been waiting for a new SNSD video to come out from The Boys album, but they are churning out videos from their Japanese Album instead.  Well 2NE1 is good too so I shall put the video up, plus I've been pressing repeat a lot of times on the video it's only right for me to share the music so it gets stuck into everyone's head.



It's sad when the music you start listening to are all in another language because when it really gets stuck in your head, and after a long time when you have stopped listening to it and the tunes suddenly gets into your head again, you can't even google the lyrics to find out what song it is.



Well a few days ago I had a small birthday get together with some Polytechnic friends to celebrate a friend's birthday and mine as well. I had completely forgotten about the dress code so I went in what I was most comfortable in. Just barely enough so I won't get caught by the police for indecent exposure



Had lunch at a little restaurant called Bistro Du Vin.

Look, it's me arms. 



Ordered the 3 course meal, which I always enjoy. 


Serrano Ham with Melon.

Norwegian Baked Salmon with Prawns.

Creme Brulee




The Serrano Ham with Melon was awesome because I love me some Serrano Ham and Melon. I don't know how to eat it so I just wrapped the ham around the melon and ate it, which I'm not sure whether is the correct method or not but I shall assume it is. 


The Salmon I think was good? I think because I can't judge a salmon dish without being biased. There was a time in my life when Salmon was on the dining table almost everyday for lunch and dinner, I thought I was going to have a collagen overdose. I actually wanted the lamb shank but I didn't want to pay an extra $6 because I'm cheap like that, and the other options were Chicken, which is like a staple food in the Army for some reason, when I see chicken, be it fried, steam or seared in my army ration box, it's always left alone, the poor chicken died without serving the purpose humans gave it, and steak which like the salmon, I have been eating a lot recently.


The reason I ordered the salmon over the steak was because the steak overdose is more recent than the salmon overdose. I know I sound like some rich brat who's complaining about having too much good food but people have to realize I'm grilling my own steak so it's not as good as one might expect a steak to be, many times it's cooked unevenly.


Grill marks always make the steak look so much better than it looks.



The Creme Brulee was awesome. I like the Creme Brulee very much. 


Making Creme Brulee would help me sin less because every time I make Macarons, I will throw the egg yolk away because no one wants to eat fried egg yolk.  I have all the ingredients needed for making Creme Brulee except the key tool, which is a blow torch to caramalise the sugar and burn down the house at the same time. I have vanilla beans my Mum bought from Dubai, I have cream, I can always make Meringue so I always have egg yolks available, I even have vanilla sugar but no blow torch. 




After lunch was the cake cutting ceremony, chocolate cake from Bakerzin. I hate Bakerzin Chocolate Cakes because they have a lot of cream and very little sponge which I really hate in cakes nowadays. And their cakes are like the faces of girls nowadays, a lot of make up, shit load of cocoa powder, which is fucking bitter, I ended up not eating a lot of it, which I shouldn't have because it's half my birthday cake. The best birthday cake one can get is still from Angie The Choice. Their cake is awesome, fluffy and moist with soft and delicious whipped cream.


Modern looking cake are like the current generation of singers, they only look good. After that was a visit to an art gallery. I know it sounds really pretentious but we didn't plan to go there specifically to see art pieces, we didn't have anything else to do.



"Oh yeah, when we have nothing else to do, we go art galleries and enrich ourselves with art works."

No comments:

Post a Comment