Wednesday 28 December 2011

Pretending to care.

Made more cupcakes over the week, more successful than the one I followed from the stupid cookbook.


Work's been pretty repetitive, standing at the gate for 6 hours straight, go back bunk rest for 6 hours and then standing at another gate for 6 hours again. I guess it's better than going to the jungle and getting mud and soil all over your uniform which has been drenched in not only your sweat but also the rainwater. Well that made me feel better, typing out that entire sentence of what would've been had I not been showing so much potential as a security guard.


Well the 6 hours aren't really that bad depending on where you are situated though. It's only bad if you are placed in an emplacement that has 2 people, and you get stuck with a person you don't really have any common topic to talk about.



Usually when I am talking to a friend, I can last pretty long, I mean my concentration level because it's probably that of a goldfish, or maybe several dozen of em. The amount of dry wit and sarcasm I can dish out in a conversation with friends can only last so long, after which I will just become really disinterested in the conversation, even if the topic is something I am interested in because all I want to do is to rest my mouth and stop talking.


But of course rather than being an ass and just look away and pretend the person is talking to some ghost standing behind me, I look interested, smile and repeat the last few words that person just said with a "No Way~ I didn't know that!" expression.


Just a few days ago I was stuck guarding the gate with some guy, and initially we were talking about games which I am a fan of, but for some reason the conversation became about Cars, which I honestly don't give a fuck about AT ALL. I mean I didn't even bother to download Pixar Cars even though I am a fan of Pixar.



He went on and on about racing in Malaysia, how bad ass of a driver his Uncle is and something about driving on some lane and making some tight turns, which in my head I'm already picturing of some really A list blockbuster scene with sparks and shit, he didn't exaggerated anything, I had to make my mind do the exaggeration for my mental images otherwise I think I will die of boredom.


GuardBuddy : "And he made a tight turn, like super tight turns at the last lane, he squeezed between 2 cars."

Me: "SQUEEZED BETWEEN 2 CARS? WOW!" 



It was a very long night. 



Luckily I only had to do 3 hours with him and not the normal 6 hours. I mean he's a nice guy, but the moment you start talking about cars is the moment my mind switches off. I don't care if you have a million horsepower in your trunk or you have bass stereo speakers built into your car wheels or whatever diamond encrustation  you have on your passenger seats, God bless their buttocks. The only thing I know about a car is that it drives you from point A to point B and I would like to own one so I don't have to take 2 hours to get home every 2 days from camp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment