Just went for a job interview earlier this morning, had to miss out on my Fitstop class for it and it was not good.
The co-founder of this company is someone I had matched with on Hinge about a year back, we did chat a little then, found out that we were both IDs, but the conversation didn't sustain long enough to warrant a meet up.
To actually meet up in the capacity of a candidate applying for a position at his company almost a year later felt really really weird, and it was really uncomfortable during the actual interivew because none of us really acknowledged the fact that we knew one another through the dating app (or maybe he might have geuinely forgotten who I was, who knows)
I didn't enjoy the dynamics of the interview, it was extremely uncomfortable, I think I had a bit of an inferioirty complex during the interview because this guy is almost my age, is running his own ID firm, and here I was, applying to join his company as an employee.
The interview itself didn't go well, there were a lot of questions being asked about my past job experience, a lot of scrunitinzing and I think a lot of my responses weren't what he had wanted to hear, so he kept probing and probing to the point where I was actually getting quite uncomfortable and honestly a bit annoyed by it because it made me wonder if he was asking me because he genuinely expected a better answer, or if he doing that because he is just being a bitch, looking back, I think it might be a bit of both.
I came into the interview expecting it to be awkward, but what I did not expect was to feel like shit about it afterwards. The sad thing about this job is that if the boss had been someone else, I would have been really excited to go further, but alas, I didn't like the guy after how the interview went.
He did propose to "test" me by giving me a task to do, to prepare a space planning proposal with 3D in and send it over to him because he wants to see how I design and plan spaces, which in all honesty is fair, this is something I had done for another company before.
The other company gave me 1 week, this guy is only going to give m 1 day, and that was after he commented how he knows I am busy because I am working.
Huh?!
That's like a barista telling the customer how they are aware they are lactose intolerant, and then proceeds to prepare for them a latte made with full fat milk.
Anyways, I left the office feeling like shit, met up with a friend for a meal and the interview just kept replying in my head for the rest of the day, so I did eventually emailed the company back at the end ofthe day and just told them I was going to withdraw my application due to personal reasons.
No comments:
Post a Comment