Saturday 1 August 2020

Reschedule is the new Cancel

A few days ago, my company gave me a new client lead and this particular client, who I shall call Ros, had made an appointment for 2pm today.



Yesterday afternoon, I decided to send Ros a reminder via text that she has an appointment with me today at 2pm, I have made it a habit to do this because most of the time, clients who arrange an appointment many days in advance have the tendency to not follow through with the meeting and actually cancel without even bothering to actually let my office or myself know, the few that I got within the past month, I would reach out and after reaching out to double confirm the appointment the day before, they would always cancel and say they are busy or have something else on so they cannot make it and then request to reschedule at a later date but don't actually give me a date.




Anyway, I texted Ros the reminder and she reads it but doesn't reply, so I wasn't sure whether she was actually coming or not because some clients don't bother responding once they have decided they weren't interested anymore, like actual pieces of shit who thinks their time is more important than ours actually exist.




I made the mental preparation that she wasn't going to come today but decided in the off chance that she does, I will just go to the office to wait, I will treat my visit to the office as a chit chat session with my colleagues who were there that day.



So I leave my house at 12 noon today and reach the interchange at Toa Payoh at about 12.45, walked around a bit to kill some time, got myself a bowl of glutinous rice ball from Mr Bean and as I started walking towards the interchange to wait for my bus, my phone buzzes and it's a message from Ros that reads...





"Sorry, I think I have to reschedule, my medical appointment got delayed. Maybe I can give you a call instead?"





... even though I was already mentally prepared for her to not show up, I can't help but feel just a little bit irritated by this kind of last minute cancellation.



I didn't really want to entertain her at this point so I took a while before replying back and was of course really cordial about it, I told her to just send me her floorplan as well as her requirements and I will try and work a quotation around those requirements, I didn't want to have a phone call with her because honestly speaking, not worth my saliva. She responds about 2 hours later that she has the floor plan on hand and will take a picture of it for me, I hate when a client takes a shitty photo of a floor plan for me.


An example of a shitty floor plan



The scale is off and the floor plan is skewed, trying to fix it in photoshop is gonna take a while and I just don't want to waste my fucking time putting so much effort on this client.



Ros has an unrealistic budget as well, so that is like the cherry on top of this steaming pile of shit, an overall waste of everybody's time, except Ros because she didn't even show up, didn't even bother to text me until an hour before our meeting time to cancel reschedule, (UPDATE) it is already the next day and she hasn't send over her floorplan yet, not that I am complaining about it because that means I don't have to give any fucks about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment