Tuesday 4 June 2024

Desktop is alive again...

BIOs have been flashed, the motherboard has been updated and my desktop is alive again! 



The $195 did not go to waste and now I have an upgraded CPU system. I was really not optimistic about this whole thing actually working, even though I had been watching quite a few videos on how to go about actually doing what I needed to do, you just never know what could go wrong. 


But it worked, now I don't have to fork out anymore money to send the entire system it back to Dreamcore for repair. Honestly speaking, even though this whole unintentional upgrade was a success, I don't think I am ready to upgrade anything else in the system, just out of fear that it would fuck with the rest of the system.


This processor replacement process felt like a complete fluke, so I am not going to tinker around with anything anymore, I am happy with the way the desktop is now, as the saying goes, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.


Only downside is my CPU Cooler Fan no longer has the fancy RGB lights, so it won't illuminate the dust that is just contained within the inaccessible crevices of the heatsink anymore.



My 10 Year Old Aftershock Laptop served me really well during this downtime, even though it's a bit laggy at time, the fact that it still was able to sustain my internet addiction for that short period of time whist my Desktop was out of commission is nothing short of amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment