Wednesday 18 January 2023

Upcoming 9th Cycle again....

In about 2 weeks time, I will be going for my 9th Reservist Cycle, which is a make-up for the one I had missed out a few months ago because I got Covid.



Car rental payment has been made and my the documents required to apply for a Temporary Vehicle pass with my condo has been submitted, now all I need to do is make sure I don't catch Covid again because I am also expected to go for my very last Cycle at the end of the year with my Reservist Buddy.


My Reservist Buddy got the call up for his last cycle first and asked around in our group chat if anyone else will be joining him, I figured since I haven't even started my Make Up Training yet, it is unlikely that I will be joining him, which I was a little bumped out about, but then 30 minutes later, I get the call up and I was actually quite happy about it. I think my camp is really putting me on the fast track to clearing my NS duties once and for all.



Our last cycle will be 3 weeks long, the last time we had to go through a 3 week cycle was due to an Airshow back in 2020, that cycle was one of the most relaxing, but also extremely stressful cycle I had to go through, relaxing because I got to spend 95% of my time in the air-conditioned bunk with a bunch of reservist buddies, either sleeping or playing Mobile Legends together, and stressful because the renovation project I was managing during that cycle had so many issues, my anxiety levels during those 3 weeks were probably at the highest they had ever been, I really wanted to just throw in the towel and quit then because it was really that fucking bad, and I really had my tiler's worker to thank for doing such a shit job, that worker who was assigned to that job was the same one who was assigned to Sly Fox's project, which was also another anxiety inducing project back in 2018.



When I think back to my Interior Design days, all the projects that gave me the biggest headaches have 1 thing in common, they are projects that are riddled with tiling issues. Those problems are not always the most straightforward to rectify. So many of my anxiety back then could have been reduced significantly if I had just engaged a more competent tiler instead.



Anyways, speaking of career related things, my Manager has just officially tendered her resignation earlier this week, she has had it with the company giving her so many shit to do that is outside of her job scope and I think being assigned to that delivery project that we had been working on together was really the straw that broke the camel's back. 




A lot of us front of house staff will most likely not take her resignation very well because she has really been a very vocal voice for us during her stint as the store manager to the upper management, she has played an important role in making sure that our welfare is taken care of, she throws small birthday parties for everyone when their birthdays are around the corner, makes sure we get funding for our year end Christmas gathering, and when the store hit our sales target 2 times in a row, she made sure that the company rewarded us by treating us to an expensive dinner instead of just dropping us a "good job guys!" text message in the company group chat, gestures like the one she has done really does make a huge difference in the way the employee will feel and when she leaves, I am very sure all this will disappear with her, upper management will probably step in once again to give us all those useless sales training that is rooted in theory, and those training will once again be given by unqualified individuals from Upper Management who have zero sales and front of house experience . 




After having experience this job with a proper store manager around, I'm not sure how I feel returning back to working in an environment that didn't have one. It's like back at ID4 when a group of my colleagues got relocated to the new outlet, the office suddenly got so quiet because everyone who were left weren't sociable, it wasn't until months later when another rowdy bunch join the company did the office start to feel fun to be in again, sadly the rowdy bunch all left the company to join a different one together, so based on what my ex-manager has told me, the office is back to it's quiet period again. 



I am very tempted to return back to Interior Design again, but the one thing that is really pulling me back is the financial instability that the job carries, hopefully the perfect job opening will appear in front of me soon.




Anyways, I digress.



So my last cycle will be happening this year, it will be 3 weeks long, I am very happy to be able to complete my National Service duties so quickly, I have friends who have barely even completed half their cycles.


The car rental for that last cycle is gonna be expensive, I might just consider renting it for an entire month if that is the case, who knows, maybe by then I would have returned back to ID and will be in dire need of a car to travel to my project site.

No comments:

Post a Comment