Monday 27 June 2022

Catch Up with Clients

Went to my ID4 client's home a few days back for a very belated housewarming visit and it was really nice to actually follow through on the invite.


This was one of the last 2 projects I was handling before I left ID4 and the very last one that I actually handed over officially due to multiple delays from my tiler. 



The project started in May last year and it was officially handed over in March this year, it took 10 months for the project to be officially completed and the client was super patient throughout this 10 months, so I was extremely grateful towards her and her husband for being very understanding. The house became livable back in August because a bulk of the work had been done by then, so actually the additional 6 months after that is just a lot of minor touch up works that was delayed because of manpower issue in the construction industry in general, the main delay is because of my tiler, if I was still with ID4 and am still running projects, I would have stopped using him completely, took months to schedule his workers to do the touch up and can't even get the touch up right the first time, he had to schedule them down multiple times, and it would always be a month or two in between visits. I felt so bad for my client because I usually had to leave her with zero updates for months on end and she doesn't even rush me for updates because she knew I was working at my new place.



So I am very grateful towards her and getting her and her husband a housewarming gift has always been something I had wanted to do for a while now.



I knew I wanted to splurge a little on their gift, so I got them a gift set from Bacha Coffee, super fancy coffee that came with a super nice packaging, the gift amounted to about $120 and it was money that I was very happy to spend.



When I visited their place after not having been there since probably September of last year, I have to admit they did a really good job with the furniture they got, the colours are complimentary to the carpentry and paint colours, nothing felt out of place, I didn't see any particular piece that was an eyesore. Having the space fully furnished did make the apartment feel much smaller though, but it's still sizeable compared to the newer apartments in the market now. 



I was very happy with how the space turned out, my clients seemed quite happy as well and the wife actually cooked a proper breakfast for me when I went there, after the meal, they gifted me something as well and the wife insisted I take some of the Bacha coffee home for myself because the gift set had 2 cannisters of ground coffee along with some chocolate and honey, I kept telling her to keep it for herself because it's a set but she kept insisting and so I took one cannister home for myself. The coffee is alright, I am not much of a coffee connoisseur so I will probably just stick to Nescafe once I finish up the Bacha. 



Very happy I was able to have that little catch up session with them and it feels nice that this is how my  end of the Journey as an Interior Designer in ID4 is. It had it's moments, but when I look back at my old post, I can at least feel proud that I was able to come as far as I did after multiple failed attempts at trying to make it work in the past at ID1, ID2 and ID3. Do I want to return back to the Interior Design industry? As a designer, Yes, as a Project Manager, fuck no. 

No comments:

Post a Comment