Friday 1 May 2020

Just Circuit Breaker Life Update

Haven't really been doing anything at home as well during this lockdown, spend a ridiculous amount of money ordering baked goods from Plain Vanilla because they had a free delivery if the order is above $45, I ordered twice within a spend of 1 week, effectively spending $100 on cakes and cupcakes.


Cupcakes. (From my 2nd Order)


Loaf Cake (Also from my 2nd Order)



They do not have a very long shelf life, so I had to finish everything I ordered within 2 to 3 days and by the third day, the cookie that I ordered to quality for the free delivery got dry af. The cookie wasn't really good if I were to be honest, the recipe I found online makes better ones.






After spending that crazy amount of money, I decided to start baking again, ordered a few baking ingredients from Phoon Huat, took 2 weeks to deliver over and when the delivery came, the cocoa powder and chocolate chips I ordered were out of stock, which was horrible because I wanted to make double chocolate chip cookies, I was actually really pissed off and wrote an angry email to Phoon Huat and they refunded me the money, as they should.




I just don't get why it is out of stock when I ordered those items 2 weeks back, a lot of items I wanted to order, like baking powder and vanilla extract, were listed as out of stock on the website, that means if a product is not available, it can't be placed in the cart, but the chocolate and cocoa powder could, which meant when I had ordered them, they were clearly in stock, I assume that if the product is in stock and I actually ordered those in-stock items, it will be reserved for me once the online payment has been made, but apparently not, so that was very disappointing, I ended up going to the mini mart at my condo car park and got a big bar of Cadbury to replace the missing chocolate chips. The cookies turned out great though.




It is really chunky.


They are suppose to be inspired by the Levain Bakery cookies from New York



This place, which I visited, holy fuck, almost a year ago, I still vividly remember the queue and also the road smelling like piss. 


This is how their cookie looked like and it was still surprisingly moist when I had it on the third day.



Honestly speaking, the cookies I made didn't really taste very similar, the texture was quite different from Levain, not that I am complaining because I actually prefer the texture from the cookie I made, which was a lot gooier, or maybe it is suppose to be similar and the Levain Cookies I had "dried out" and lost it's gooeyness.



After cookies, I made a lemon loaf cake as per my Mum's request, it came out fine, didn't really thought it was nice enough to take a picture so there is that.



I also made carrot cake.



It was meant to be a single loaf....


 ... but I had too much batter, so I made a few cupcakes. Good to know that my piping skills are still semi-decent.



Well, I got super impatient and made the rookie mistake of putting the frosting on the loaf cake before it completely cooled, thus the horrible mess. It was still really good though and one reason why I don't really tend to buy carrot cupcakes outside anymore because the recipe I have is bloody good. I will probably make another batch during this lockdown, and also maybe if possible banana bread and another lemon loaf.



Earlier during the lockdown, I also tried making Dalgona Coffee and was very successful.




It whipped up within 3 minutes thanks to a good hand whisk I owned. I made it at night though, so after I took this picture and had 3 sips, I just threw it away, plus this was with soy milk, so it also tasted gross.



Also a random photo of the doggo just because he has been a great source of entertainment and companionship during this lockdown.






Aside from baking, I have also been gaming and recently completed a game called Disco Elysium, which was pretty good once I actually stop treating it as a game and looked at it more as an interactive novel because that game has a lot of reading. Hated it at first, gave up and left a bad review, when I first bought it earlier this year, the review got 5 likes, but then came back again a few days back, gave it another go, treated it as a novel and ended up really liking it, so I deleted my review and left a positive one, that review currently has zero likes.



The game received "universal acclaimed", so there are plenty of good reviews about it and I was just really bitter when I couldn't enjoy the game like everyone did, that's why I left the bad review like the bitter fuck I was.



I am just fucking slow when it comes to appreciating good games, happened with Witcher 3 and Divinity 2 Original Sin, hated those games at first, didn't understand the appeal, but after giving them another shot, ended up getting the appeal and just got completely enamored by them and lucky me, the developer for Witcher 3 is coming up with a new game called Cyberpunk 2077 and the developer for Divinity 2 Original Sin is coming up with a new game called Baldur's Gate 3.




Well, now I have another game called Pillars of Eternity that I am wanting to love, so we'll see how that goes, or I might just get Red Dead Redemption 2 and enjoy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment