Tuesday 25 February 2020

I'm an idiot.

I have a job interview tomorrow and I think it's going to be a waste of time. 


This is a job opening I did not personally apply for, it was applied for me by a recruitment agency and it was introduced to me while I was doing my reservist and feeling really angsty about my current job, the stress it was causing me made me agree to let the recruitment agency send my resume in on my behalf.




When the position was intially explained to me, the main information that stuck with me was...


1. Basic Pay

2. Office Furniture

3. Sales Related


... and the starting pay was about $3000, so I was all for it. The lady who called me up then send me the company's information and the positon information and I thought it sounded good, mainly because the salary is quite generous compared to the peanuts I am earning right now.



After a while, I decided to look through the position information again and realize that this position had nothing to do with Interior Design at all, it was purely sales, so what I am expected to do is cold call potential customers, come up with strategies to get more leads, sales this, sales that, there was nothing about it that was design related.




I was a little confused at the position because on my resume, it clearly states that I am an Interior Designer, I have a diploma in Interior Design, my main scope should be Design first and not Sales. I immediately lost interest in the position and hoped that the company that put out the joblisting will actually do some background check on me and realize I am not the right person for the job.



The position is Senior Sales Executive, I'm a fucking idiot for not just looking not at the jobscope properly, I didn't even look at the job title properly, I'm an idiot, and to mantain my stupidity streak, when the recuirment agency called up to share the good news with me, that I got an interview, I stupidly agreed to it. I mean what the fuck was I thinking? I didn't want the job at all and I still agreed to go for the interview. The recruitment agency lady then briefed me again on what the position required and what I should share about my last job experience, asking me to focus more on the sales aspect than the interior design aspect. I don't even know what the company is thinking, asking me to go for an Interview. I am not the right person for the job! 




I'm an idiot. 




So tomorrow, I will be wasting everybody's time by going for the interview at the CBD area at 4.30pm, which means by the time the interview is done, it will probably be peak hour. 




I cannot emphasis how much of an idiot I am. I will view tomorrow's job interview as a trip to explore the CBD area, where everyone who works there probably hates their job because that is literally a place where everyone is just going through the daily grind. 




On the brightside, I will have another job interview the following day near my place, I actually applied for that position on my own so I am definitely more interested in that one. It's at a furniture store as a sales executive, basic pay as well, not as high but the location is so much closer to my place and also potentially less crowded during peak hour. A little more optimistic about it but I will say, that urge to leave this current job is slowly starting to wear off and I am afraid the cycle is starting to repeat itself again, so I hope the job interview for the furniture store will really offer me some awesome work benefits to make it impossible for me to turn down.

No comments:

Post a Comment