Friday 21 February 2020

End of Sixth Cycle

My 6th Reservist Cycle is officially over and I will say this is by far the most relaxing and also most stressful reservist I have ever attended.




The Reservist itself was great, my friends and I got to spend almost all our time in an air-conditioned room either playing games on our phones or watching a lot of Netflix, I managed to bingewatch Hellsing Ultimate, The Good Place and Locke and Key within the 3 weeks, right now I am in the middle of the first season of Brooklyn Nine Nine. It honestly felt like a vacation for us compared to the majority of the ICTs who were stuck doing Guard Duty under the hot sun, everyone of us agreed that we got extremely lucky.




We had quite a few time-off during that 3 weeks, so my friend who drove took us out to Changi Village multiple times for dinner, we even went to Changi Jewel in an attempt to have Shack Shak, we had assumed that the queues were no longer existent with the Wuhan Virus scare, but unfortunately the queue was very much there, so that idea was immediately aborted, but we had a decent curry meal elsewhere, I got a cup of Bubble Tea from the Alley and then we went back to base, it was pretty great, although we were only allowed to go out that night because the active commanders required us to do a bit of Guard Duty for them the next day, which wasn't so great, and that is the most shitty part of the reservist, I mean fuck, we were so fucking lucky that that was the worst part for us, none of us had the cheek to even complaint about the additional Guard Duty because we knew it would sound bloody ungrateful. The active commander even thanked us after for being willing to do the additional guard duty for them.





Unfortunately, due to work, I was not able to fully enjoy the 3 weeks "vacation" because I was literally having anxiety the entire time in camp from the myraid of issues that suddenly came up at site during my 3 weeks reservist, I have never wanted to quit my job asbadly as I did during those 3 weeks because it was literally ruining my every waking hour, the only time I felt truly relaxed was when it was late in the night and I had a lower chance of my clients messaging me, they have texted me as late as 12.30 midnight before so I can't say they confirm won't disturb me because fuck my sleeping schedule amirite, otherwise, it was just full on anxiety from the anticipation of their messages. I could feel my heart skip a beat everytime my phone buzz with a message and when I realize that the message isn't from my clients, it's like I can feel my heart beating faster for that second from relief,  and then when it is really from them, well it's just normally a sense of dread. I can't even ignore the messages and just think, "Fuck it, I won't look", because then, the message will be all I think about and I can't function properly.





All of us in the "vacation" team also ended up getting sick because we were stuck in the aircon room for days, we were complaining that the aircon was too cold, who the fuck complaints about the aircon being too cold for their reservist, I mean the whole thing just feels bonkers to me, we were literally complaning about being too comfortable, but anyways, it was really too cold so someone got sick, took MC and then infected everyone else, so my friend and I actually completed my reservist today with a block and running nose, will most likely visit a doctor tomorrow to get a default 5 day MC, if it is even more serious, then hey, quarantine me so I can have a legit reason to pass this ongoing project to my manager and have him handle everything for me.




After outproning from ICT today, I went home to put my items down, had a quick lunch and immediately went to the project site to check up on the situation, I don't even get a day off to rest because this project has officially joined the shit pile and it's main purpose right now is to suck all the joy out of my life, it is currently the bane of my existence.




Problems started piling up as I was preparing to leave my house, subcons were either not responding to me or telling me they can't make it, I was calling other sub-cons for help and they also can't make it because it was too last minute. I felt like I was very close to having a mental breakdown when I was at site because nothing was going according to plan.




This project was suppose to end in late January, it was suppose to end before my Reservist started, that was what I told myself and my ICT friend who is also in the same industry during our last cycle, that for my next reservist (which is this current one), I don't want to have any projects on hand because it's mentally exhausting to deal with, and then there I was, dealing with that site from camp literally everyday I was in camp, either through Whatsapp messages or Phone calls with the sub-cons and clients, sub-cons pushing blame back and forth and my client telling me the renovation has been a disappointment, I wish I could emulate one of those scammy interior contractor who could just tell the clients to go fuck off, call the clients up on the phone and tell them to not be so fucking ridiculous with their demands for perfection, ask them to kiss my ass instead of having to personally apologize to them and getting guilt trip into absorbing the cost of an additional work they requested.




This project is not worth it, the clients are not worth it, the commission I am getting from this proejct is not worth it, all the effort I have put into this project is worth shit because all this project has given me the past 3 weeks has been a tremendous amount of stress and anxiety. Working 5 months on this project has been a fucking joke, this project has gone on for 3 months too long, I am seriously starting to lose my patience.



I have a job interview next Thursday, if I can ace that job interview, then I am going to quit this current one in April, after completing my friend's house, and be done with this career, if this husband and wife are still not happy with the state of their house, then they can settle it with my company. That is the only thing that is keeping me sane, the idea of me just completely letting this project go in April, if it really gets to that point, and if it really does get to that point, then the problem honestly lies in the homeowner because I have never ever had to work on a project this long before.

1 comment:

  1. As claimed by Stanford Medical, It is really the SINGLE reason women in this country live 10 years longer and weigh on average 19 KG lighter than we do.

    (And really, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret-exercise and really, EVERYTHING to do with "how" they eat.)

    BTW, I said "HOW", not "what"...

    Tap this link to reveal if this quick quiz can help you find out your true weight loss possibility

    ReplyDelete