Monday 6 February 2012

My iPhone 4S Arrived.

Got me iPhone a few days back and the excitement didn't last long because I didn't realise that getting an iPhone would cost me so much problems.

Insert iPhone Photo Here. Error. File Could Not Be Found. I don't have any other camera to use except the one on my iPhone, and I open a portal to have the camerea from the iPhone's back take a picture of the iPhone.So Imma just gonna slap one iPhone picture from the internet.



I bought the same case, plus my iPhone is white so it looks the same.


It's no secret that Army Personnels can't bring camera phones into their camps, and being a law abiding soldier that I am, I have to switch my phone to a non-camera phone that supports a normal sim card.



Singtel issues every iPhone with a little accessory known as a Micro-Sim adaptor and it looks something like this...

Micro-Sim Adapter


And because I had to switch to my non-camera phone, I went ahead and used the Adapter, only to realise it got stuck in the Sim card slot.  I managed to remove the Adapter from the sim slot after much struggle and it came out looking like this....



Nail clipper also guilty.


I had no choice, had to use a nail clipper and pull the adapter out and I really tried to control my strength when I was clipping the piece of plastic. It still came out looking like that. 



And the culprit is because of those two little handles that's suppose to hold on to the Sim Card. Now that's a fucking stupid design because the Sim Adapter's...haiz, because I'm too lazy to explain in words, in order to let people understand what I mean, I have done a little photoshop drawing of what went down in my Non-Camera's Phone Sim Card Slot.


But first a picture of my Army Phone's slot that got so terribly violated by the Sim Card Adapter.


Although there are no physical bruises, she's still pretty traumatized about the whole thing, especially by the fact that her owner was the one who help shoved it in.


So that's the Sim Card slot and below is the diagram of how the whole ordeal looked like from the side.



It got stucked inside the phone, which freaked me out and I actually managed to pull it out once, but to make sure the first time wasn't a fluke, I shoved it in again, which was bloody stupid because it turned out the first time really was a fluke.


The first time only the top part got a little chipped, the second time deformed the top part of the adapter and broke the bottom part. 



And I had no choice but to go get another phone for army use. And I got the Nokia X1-01


Why did I get the Nokia X1-01?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 BECAUSE 


IT HAS A SCISSOR STYLED SIM CARD NOT JUST ONE BUT TWO DOOR.

Which meant that it won't get stuck.


But then I wanted to try one more method and make my own Adapter because since I already know the flaws I should be avoiding, plus there are dozens of online websites teaching people about making their own MicroSim Adapter, I thought why not.


  And it worked! Albeit much uglier looking but it worked because it fits the MicroSim perfectly, which had to be hold on with tape.


That happiness was short lived because after that, I realised I just wasted $68 on a brand new phone. I have no idea why but iPhone doesn't want to share the contacts with the Sim Card, because Sim Card no contact, had to personally key in contacts into the new phone as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment