Tuesday, 22 September 2026

September Photo Dump

4th Sept

Visited a close to completed project recently to take some photos of the place for my own viewing pleasure and also to keep a record of it.


I don't normally visit my sites because most of the time, they aren't really worth the visit with how much changes the clients would make to my original proposal, but this particular project is different, the clients for this project gave me full creative control and this is one of the first few projects that I have done where I felt like we had to make very minimal compromisation when it came to the general design direction of the space.



There were definitely areas where I could have improved, but this was definitely quite a fufilling project to do, it's the type that makes you enjoy doing your job as a designer.




8th Sept

Met up with my Fitstop Seconday School friend for lunch.


She has been talking about meeting up for lunch during a work day for a while now because we both work somewhat close to each other, and after I told her I will be moving to Ubi within the few weeks and won't have much time left to have a meal with her in the Novena area anymore, we decided to finally set a date.


I did my research and came across this cafe called Otter and Pebbles, so that was where we had our meal. Since it was also her birthday like a few days back, I decided to treat her to this meal.


We each ordered our own Udon, our own drinks and she got a side of fried corn to share, ( I only ate one corn because it was still on the cob and a bitch to eat), the total damage was $89.


I had thought it would probably cost me below $50, but nope, cafe prices are now insane.


We hadn't done a gym class together for a while now so it was nice catching up with her.  we mainly talked about our plans to get a BTO and I ended up taking a 2 hour lunch break, thankfully my boss didn't come into the office that day so I didn't get into trouble, not that he would really care as well to be honest.




12th Sept

Had a hangout session with Lily on Saturday.
Lily is like my new bestie that I have made from gym class after we bonded over our shared interest in perfume.


This meet up revolved around a visit to a perfume store called The Scent Parlor, which is a store that was introduced to me by Zo, and a place I had only visited with Zo. I have tried going with other Hinge dates before in the past but none of those ever came to fruition.


The Scent Parlour only opened at 12noon, and Lily and I made plans to meet up at 10.30am, so we spend the first part of the trip at this cafe called Pout Cafe Bar.


They are quite popular and this was a spot I was suppose to visit with Drew, but then back then, Pout only opened on the weekday, so it was a bit challenging. 

They decided to open on the weekend as well recently and by then, Drew and I had already called things off and we are no longer in contact with one another. 

I am glad to be here with Lily though.


If there was one thing Drew was good at, it was finding aesthetic cafes... and lying a lot. The view from the cafe is of Marina Bay Sands and The Singapore Flyer.

The whole place was such a vibe.


The items we had.


We were supposed to be joined by another gym friend of ours, but he had a last minute appointment, so he couldn't make it in the end and the entire day was just Lily and me.


It was nice though, she knows about my sexuality so I was very comfortable talking to her about my relationship stuff, and she in turn also feels very comfortable talking about things she wouldn't normally share with a straight male friend.


We ended up staying in the cafe for close to 2 hours before we decided to head over to the perfume shop.


I didn't take any pictures in the perfume place, but we were the only 2 customers there and we took our time sniffing the different fragrances.



Lunch was at this Vietnamese place nearby, I had originally intended for us to visit this Matcha cafe that was a 1km walk away, but after loitering around the perfume place for so long, I just really didn't feel like walking so far.

The food here was not bad, but the shop itself could have been cooler, I just felt really a bit sticky because of how humid the weather was and if the restaurant had been freezing cold, it would have been a really nice spot.




Popped by DOPA for Ice Cream after our lunch because I honestly didn't want the day to end so quickly, this was a spot that Zo had introduced to me as well, and I had Waffles and Ice Cream with him that time,  Lily and I just both got 2 individual cups of Ice Cream. It was really nice Ice Cream, but would have been great with the Waffles.


After this we went back to the perfume shop because I told her I wanted to go get a bottle of the cheaper perfume, she was really excited to just have the day last a little longer. I ended up NOT getting anything because I really didn't like the perfumes THAT much. 


Still, we had a fun time, Lily ended up spilling half a bottle of one of the cheaper perfume samples because she opened it wrongly, luckily the staff was nice and did not get her to pay for it.



That concluded our meet up on Saturday. 




19th Sept


Went for gym class and met Lily for breakfast after.


We went to Offsite AGAIN.


Ordered the same sandwich we had the first time because it was really nice, then stayed in the cafe for 3 full hours from around 9.30am all the way till 12.30 noon. 


We had different group of gym friends coming and going because there were 3 classes that day.


This was what I had ordered during our 2nd hour in the cafe with the last group of friends. 


Total damage that day was about $70 on my side because I paid for Lily's share as part of her birthday meal.

I really enjoyed just being in the cafe and having a bunch of friends to chat with, it has honestly been a while since I had a proper gathering like this.




Oh, and Lily actually gave me 2 candles from this brand to summer because she had extra ones leftover at her house that she wasn't using, I graciously accepted them and they smelled amazing!


I really can't bear to use them though, but I will use it very sparingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment