Thursday 3 October 2024

PopMart Reseller x Buyer

I met one of my buyers today who decided to purchase the following items from me...


From left to right

1 x Dimoo Pumpkin Keychain 

(Retail $14, Not super popular so I couldn't really be bothered to go check what the reseller rates are)

1 x Crybaby Cheer Up Pendant  

(Retail $19, Reseller Market Rate $55-$100)

1 x  Merbubu

(Retail $38, Reseller Market Rate $250) 



Total value from the reseller market is about $300 - $350. I was very generous and decided to sell him all 3 items for just $100, for which I still made a $30 profit from, so it wasn't too bad, and that also goes to show how insane the reseller market is for these products.


My buyer, whom I shall just refer to as Keibubu, proposed to have a meal together as well, so I decided why not. We met up at Plaza Singapura to do the exchange and then went to Hoshino Coffee for our dinner. It was alright, the meal wasn't fantastic, the vegetables for some reason tasted a bit sour and I always have way too high of an expectation for the meal even though I have had it multiple times. I think not actually having dessert was a big mistake because what they are popular for are their souffle pancakes and French toast.


Anyways, Keibubu was super excited to receive his Merbubu and Crybaby Cheer Up pendant because those are almost impossible to get at the PopMart stores both offline and online, unless you have super quick fingers like myself and are able to snatch them through the livestream, otherwise, the only way to get them easily was through resellers, like myself. 



We then spend pretty much the entirety of the meal just talking about PopMart, it was so weird because of how vapid the conversation sounds when I write it out, and that was something I had predicted would happen since we didn't really know each other at all aside from our obsession with PopMart stuff. 



We tried to talk about other stuff, but those just ended up leading to a lot of awkward silences because there really just wasn't any other common topic for us to talk about. 



After the meal, Keibubu introduced me to a shop called Co-Play, it was located just right above the PopMart Outlet, and it  mainly sells blindbox items that are already opened so you could actually choose what you want to get, but at like a very very steep mark up. 



I think the original aim of the shop was to showcase and sell designer toys and figurines, but then it slowly got taken over by the PopMart craze and majority of what they were selling were just already opened PopMart blind boxes. 



I found the location to be really odd as well because it was directly above the offiical PopMart store, you literally take an escalator that is located in PopMart to the second level and Co-Play is literally right beside it. They are literally located right above their unofficial "supplier".




A regular Labubu Plushie blindbox that retails for $25 at PopMart and $45 online via those China resellers, goes for a whopping $70 - $80 at that shop depending on the colour that you want.


The CryBaby Cheer Up Pendants that I sold to to Keibubu for $20 were going for $100 each.



I then told him Keibubu I wanted to see if they sold any Merbubu and how much it would cost because if those were the prices for the regular Labubu and Cheer Up Pendant, the Merbubu is definitely going to be at least $350 or above. 




They didn't have any Merbubu for sales.



I was initially worried that Keibubu might think my price is too high and try and low ball me before I actually met him, but thankfully he didn't, and going to that store to take a look at their selling rates  worked in my favor because it just made me feel like such a generous soul for selling him what I sold him for just $100.



After that, we then headed to the official PopMart below to look at what they had and I was just really unimpressed with the offerings, nothing really caught my interest, there wasn't any sense of FOMO because everything they sold were healthily stocked up and the ones that I really wanted, I had already gotten them from the PopMart Livestream. 



Another reason was also because of how crowded the store started to get and I just wanted to quickly get the fuck out of there, so we left without getting anything.



He did a quick visit to Cold Storage, I just tagged along because I felt obligated to, he didn't manage to get anything there, and we just went out separate ways at the MRT control station. So that's how my Thursday evening went. It wasn't too bad a meet up, a bit odd since it was my first time having a meal with a buyer, but here's hoping to many more because I really need to start selling all my loots to recoup my losses. 



I am now expecting 4 more Labubu packages to come in because I have a fucking problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment