Tuesday 13 August 2024

Shits and Pukes.

The long weekend ended with a round of food poisoning, which extended my long weekend to an even longer one.



No idea what caused it, I did a Google search to check how long it can take for the effects of food poisoning to kick in, and apparently it can take up to as long as 10 days based on the first website I saw,  so my guess is that it could be from the Poke Bowl I had at Tanglin Mall on Wednesday, the salmon was really mushy and reminded me of the texture of the Prawn Nigiri I had during my Taipei trip which also gave me food poisoning.



The Poke Bowl I had at Tanglin was probably the worst Poke Bowl I ever had, mushy salmon aside, it was $15 a bowl and I think the server forgot to add the sauce that was supposed to be served with it, so it was also extra fucking dry. And downing that dry bowl with a sugar free fizzy drink did not make it any better. I hadn't realized that it was drier than normal because it had been a while since I had a Poke Bowl, it was only after I went to check out the ingredients on their website when I got home did I realize it was suppose to come with a "Signature Umami Sauce" that I did not see the server drizzle into the bowl as I was watching him prepare the bowl.



Service also wasn't good, and the fact that they are very likely the reason for my food poisoning. 0/10.




Back to the food poisoning experience.




The effects kicked in on Monday at around 1 am, my chest suddenly felt really bloated and the stomach did not feel too good, this led to multiple liquid diarrhea sessions that pretty much lasted the whole night, I could not fall asleep because of how uncomfortable that bloat in my chest felt, so even though I was laying on my bed, I wasn't actually sleeping, and when I am not on my bed trying to sleep, I was just busy taking a piss from my ass because that's what it literally feels like when I was shitting. I didn't know how liquid diarrhea could get can be until I had those sessions. 



Then the worst part came during the vomiting sessions at 6am. I knew the bloating will feel better once I actually vomited, but what I did not expect was for the vomiting to actually physically hurt. When I felt the first one come, a part of me felt glad that I could finally get some relief from the bloating, but as it made it's way up, the pain I felt in my chest was intense, it's the same type of pain I get in my chest when I am laughing way too hard, it's very uncomfortable. With the laughing, normally the pain will make me stop laughing, but with the vomiting, if it needs to come out, it's gonna come out....



... it came out another 4 more times within the span of 1 minute.


The bloating was better, but I felt like shit. For the rest of the day, I was just tired and had no appetite, so all I had yesterday was a bowl of soup and that was it, I didn't dare to eat anything else because I was so afraid it would trigger the vomiting.



This round of food poisoning felt worst than the one I had in Taipei, but I was able to get better so much faster than when I was in Taipei, so the medication I was given me here was definitely much more effective than the ones I had in there, I guess the vomiting also played a huge role in the relief that I was able to get.




Note to self : If the raw seafood has a slimy texture , it's probably a good idea to stop eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment