Sunday 14 July 2024

Fuck Grab!

 GrabFood has finally refunded my missing order after 3 weeks! So I decided to celebrate the end of this whole situation, I will show my support and order through GrabFood again last night.


I was really craving for something sweet, so I ordered 2 boxes of Speculoos Blondie from this pastry shop Edith Patisserie. Their blondies are really addictive, nice and chewy, paired with the cinnamon flavor from the Speculoos, it's a dangerous combination.



The order came within 30 minutes or so, which was relatively fast, and this time the Grab Delivery guy who was in-charge of delivering my order did what he was suppose to do, send me a photo of the food he left on the chair.



I excitedly went out to collect my food and couldn't wait to dive in, I took the boxes out from the paper bag and noticed that the label on the boxes were wrong, they were Matcha Blondies, I thought I had made a mistake, so I went to check my receipt and it was stated as Speculoos. 


I do NOT like Matcha



I specifically ordered 2 Speculoos Blondie because they had a promotion going on and I really fucking love their Speculoos Blondie, so to NOT only be missing out on my Speculoos Blondie, but then also have 2 boxes of the Blondies in a flavor I really do not like, it was really upsetting.




Naturally, I submitted my complaint to Grab, thinking they could resolve this and just refund me my money, I send them the photographic proof...


Receipt states : Salted Speculoos Blondies
Box states : Matcha Blondies



It's a pretty self explanatory picture.  The item received does not match the order. 



Grab then responds back that they have difficulty viewing the attached image and that I should put a clearer image for them to see.


The fuck? I was feeling really pissed off at this point because for you to fuck up the very first order that I decided to make, after the last experience that I had, like what the fuck are you doing?




I retook the photos, opened the box to show that it is indeed Matcha Blondies (pictured above), and was quite condescending with the way I wrote the message...






....  and hit send. 





Got up this morning and as I was preparing my morning coffee, I opened the fridge and saw the 2 boxes of Matcha Blondie, that triggered me all over again and I decided to just follow up an email to Grab and tell them to just close my ticket, that I will just settle for the Matcha Blondies because the idea of having to deal with them again for this kind of refund issue just feels exhausting.




Told them even though they probably don't give a shit, I will be ordering from FoodPanda moving forward after this repeated experience of them taking longer than usual to deal with my issue.




Refunds for "missing order" or "wrong item delivered" are usually issued within an hour of submission, this was 12 hours later and there was no update.



As someone who used to work in retail, when a customer sends an angry email or text message like the one I did, I honestly do not give a flying rat's ass if they decide they no longer want to patronize us anymore because I am at the bottom of the command chain, I'm just there to earn my monthly wages and that's it, and I believe the ones who will see my email are also the ones at the bottom of the command chain, to them, my email response is just another annoyance they will have to deal with on a daily basis.




Anyways, it's already been more than a day and they have yet to issue me any sort of compensation, the issue in the app is still tagged as "We are working on it!" I am now more interested to know how they will respond to my last email and if they will actually issue me a refund or not.




The Matcha Blondies are actually not too bad, but it's not Speculoos so I am not loving it as much as I should be. To be fair to Grab, the whole mix up is honestly the fault of whoever was doing the packing on Edith Patisserie's side, either it was a mix up or they ran out of the Speculoos and decided to swap it with Matcha, if it was the latter I would actually be more pissed off because I really do not appreciate stores swapping out items without double checking with the customers if they are okay with it first.   




If this isn't the Universe way of telling me to stop supporting GrabFood anymore, I don't know what is. I have also decided to just cancel my Grab Unlimited Plan with them, stated my reason as "Others" and just wrote the reason being that their Service Recovery is shit.




I have also since deleted the app because fuck Grab in general, will be using Gojek for my cab hailing services now on, and FoodPanda/Deliveroo for food deliveries, although to be honest, I feel like it will only be a matter of time before I drop Foodpanda. Pretty sure one of the reason why I kept ordering from Grab previously was because FoodPanda messed up my orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment