Saturday 21 October 2023

The chair and even more perfumes...

It has been a few weeks since my Capsico Chair arrived.


Dog not included.


It's alright. Is it worth $700? Nope, I don't think it is and I do regret making the purchase. It's nice in that it is smaller compared to my Secret Lab, but it is definitely something I could have done without.




Speaking of things I can live without, my spending is getting a little out of hand because I got more things that I can definitely live without. 




A bottle of Mod Vanilla by Ariana Grande. I got a 5ml decant of it 2 months ago and I really really liked the scent because the smell is exactly what I am looking for in a Vanilla scented perfume, to me, this scent is Vanilla Extract in perfume form, and as a someone who used to bake a lot in the past, it is right up my alley.




The only seller on Shopee who sold this scent in a decant was on a vacation for about a month, so her Shopee store was closed and that seller also happened to be the only person who sold it in a full sized bottle, I tried looking for other local sellers but no one else had it, so when the only seller who sold this came back from her vacation and reopened her store, I pretty much made the order immediately, and it also happened to be the very last bottle she had, so it all worked out in the end for me. 


I still have a bit left from the 5ml decant, I was really trying not to use it because of how hard it is to get, but now that I have the full bottle, I will definitely be using it more liberally now.



Getting Mod Vanilla was already quite a big purchase for me, considering the fact that I had just gotten the Capsico chair not too long ago,  so when I say my spending is getting out of control, I really mean it is getting out of control because I just got myself another bottle of perfume from Maison Francis Kurkdjian. 



Gentle Fluidity Gold.


I got the 5ml decant a few weeks ago to see how it would fare when I layer it with my Gentle Fluidity Silver and use it on a daily basis. I tried it in the store previously, I thought it was too sweet, but when I actually take the time to appreciate the smell in the comforts of my home, that was when I started to really appreciate it.




Initially I was still very much in favor of Silver, but the more I smelled Gold, the more I actually started to favor the sweetness of Gold, it just smells so fucking good. At the rate I am using Gold, I predict the decant only has a week of juice left before it's empty, so I bit the bullet and decided to buy a medium sized bottle from the official MFK website, it is double the size of the Silver that I had gotten from Esecentials.


... and it's $300.



Escentials sells it for about $350, so it was a no brainer to get it directly from MFK, plus MFK also gives out 2 free mini samples for every order, and since my order was above a certain amount, they also threw in another 3 samples, so I will be getting 5 free samples on top of the Gentle Fluidity Gold.


It will be a huge fucking problem if I end up also liking the scent of the samples because I cannot afford to be spending hundreds of dollars on perfumes every month, even though I have been doing that the past 2 to 3 months. The good thing is I have stopped getting more decants because I am very satisfied with the Gentle Fluidity series.


Mod Vanilla is great and I am glad that I have it in my collection, but the Gentle Fluidity collection is just next level for me.



The current collection of perfumes that I have, at least $500 worth, once my new Gentle Fluidity comes in, that will bring it to $800 worth.


I really need to stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment