Friday 15 October 2021

The Stupid, The Dumb and the Cheapskate

So my company has recently started attempting to sell our furniture online through the official website, but for some reason, they did not properly update the entire catalogue before letting it go live, so a lot of the items were marked as $0. 




Any regular person with a functioning brain, upon looking at the brands that we carry and seeing that the items are marked as $0 would know that something isn't right, that the price is probably not properly reflected. Before I started working at the company, this was something that I noticed as well, back then, customers still couldn't get anything online and it mainly just functioned as an online catalogue, but a lot of items were marked as $0, and because I have a functioning brain, I knew immediately that they are obviously not $0, if I wanted to know how much those items cost, I will have to contact the store to check for them, I won't assume that just because they are $0, it's going to be free.





WELL! Today, I actually got not 1 but 2 brainless individuals who legitimately thought those items were actually free.



The first one drop an email to ask about the item he had ordered, my boss wanted me to contact the customer, so I reached out to him via Whatsapp, thinking he was going to want to know the price first before he commits to the purchase,  so I gave him the price as well as the availability of our stocks. This fucking dumbass actually calls me back and goes...



"I already ordered the item, why are you giving me the price and asking me to pay?"



...so I asked him if this was an existing order that he had already made payment for, thinking maybe he just wanted to check on the delivery for an item he had already purchased, to which he tells me he didn't pay for anything, which confused me and I told him that if he hasn't paid for anything, what was he talking about? He then tells me that he has already confirmed the order last night and that it was marked as $0, so he is calling to check when the delivery can be made.





Okay, so instead of calling to check whether the item is actually really for free, you are calling to check when the item can be delivered, that item that would usually cost $10,000, that you saw being indicated as $0 on our online shop.


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

WHAT!?!?!?!?


THE LEVEL OF STUPID! THERE IS NO ONGOING PROMOTION ABOUT US GIVING AWAY FREE FURNITURE, SO WHY THE FUCK DID YOU NOT THINK THAT IT WOULD PROBABLY BE A GOOD IDEA TO DOUBLE CHECK WITH THE STORE FIRST BEFORE YOU MAKE THE STUPID FUCKING CALL.



I was really riled up during the call because this fucker was so fucking entitled, he told me he stayed up all night looking at the coffee tables we had before picking the one he wanted, like I am suppose to feel bad that you are sacrificing sleep to choose which "free item" you want, and then insinuated that he could sue if I don't deliver the item, because it was marked as $0 and he is expecting it to be free, calling it fraud if I don't agree to deliver it out him. 



I can't express how shocked I was at the level of stupidity and entitlement this fucking dumbass was exhibiting, and I was pissed off, so I was very firm and told him that if he doesn't make any payment, there won't be any delivery, I reiterated that our website was not properly updated so we are not actually giving anything out for free.  




The fact that I was even having a conversation with him about it just blew my fucking mind, this is the kind of moron that will fall for online scams because of how brain dead he is to not actually do any sort of fucking research.



IF SOMETHING IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS.




You Stupid Fuck.



Anyways, I later get another enquiry and it was the same thing, another $0 item, so I reach out to this other customer and shared the price of the sofa with her, I was contemplating whether to start the message of with a disclaimer of sorts, just to let her know that the item listed isn't actually free, but then thought to myself, it is just not possible for me to run into 2 fucking morons within 2 days, it's just not possible.



But it is possible and I did run into another brain dead individual.



She sends me a screenshot of our website with the item she wanted to get being reflected as $0, and then below that screenshot, she writes...



"This is on your website."



... you stupid stupid woman, stupid stupid lady, stupid stupid girl, just stupid, I mean no amount of stupid that I type can describe the level of stupidity she has, like just so fucking stupid. The fact that I actually manage to get in contact with 2 individuals who are just the personification of stupidity just really shows how many stupids there are in the world. 



Okay, at least this 2nd stupid didn't try and argue her case, so her stupidity has a certain limit, but that first stupid who tried to argue his case and then threaten me with a lawsuit is not only stupid, but a fucking cheapskate and definitely not part of our company's demographic.




The first stupid didn't just call me, he called my Customer Service to ask about his order before he called me, and after I pretty much scolded him on the phone because he was really getting on my nerves, he called my senior colleague to ask about the table. My senior colleague was a lot more patient and explained to him that the website was not fully updated yet, and apologize for the confusion, but the thing is, there is nothing to be confused about, it is EXTREMELY obvious that the prices are not updated.



Why the fuck would a high end luxury furniture store suddenly be giving out $10,000 - $20,000 away for free? 




No comments:

Post a Comment