Sunday 31 December 2017

Thoughtless Gift.

About a week ago, my company had a little Christmas party planned for everyone and one of the event was a Christmas Gift Exchange.



The way it works is everyone will get a gift valued at roughly $20 dollar, leave it under the Christmas Tree, and when the time comes, each gift will be numbered, so everyone will pick a random number from a little box like a lucky draw and they will get the present with the corresponding number.



Since it wasn't really the traditional Secret Santa where the giver will actually know who they will be gifting, I decided it would only be right to get a gift that would be fitting for both guys and girls, so I went out and got a Bluetooth Speaker that was valued at $22. It was something I would be happy to get for a present, so I thought it will make for a great gift.




Well, turns out not everyone had the same ideas as I did when it came to selecting a gift because during the gift exchange, I actually got myself a necklace that was meant to be worn by a girl.



Why though?




Why would you go get a gift that was meant for a girl when you know the person who might end up getting the gift be a guy. I mean it just feels really badly thought out and I am sure it must have felt like a bummer when the person who bought the gift realize a guy actually got it.




I know who got the gift because that person ended up getting mine out of sheer coincidence and I also heard that the necklace actually originally cost $60 but was on a discount, but it's still a huge waste of money because I can't appreciate it.



My colleague who got the gift told me I could give it to a girl I know, but it really just defeats the purpose of it being a present that was meant for me if the intention was for the gift to be re-gifted to a girl if a guy ended up receiving it.




So I got a really badly thought out gift.I would have preferred like $20 worth of chocolate over female jewelry because at least I could eat the chocolates, what the fuck am I suppose to do with a necklace aside from wearing it and be judged by my family, friends and the public?

No comments:

Post a Comment