Thursday 24 August 2017

Slow Responders

Reservist is finally over and I am back at work. Getting more customers that are slowly but surely wasting my time.



Sincere customers are few and far, but time wasters are always in abundance. The very first customer lead I received from my company after my reservist was one such time waster...




"Will be busy over the next few weeks so I won't be able to come to the showroom for any consultation appointments."




... Oh really? So why did you bother sending in a renovation enquiry when you are going to be too busy over the next few weeks to meet up with any designers.





I had another customer, whom I first met in March, recently contacting me again.



Back then, he had requested to view a completed project, but since I didn't have any at hand, I told him it will be a while before I could grant his request, he didn't really seem too bothered by it because he wouldn't be getting the keys to his flat until the end of the year, so I also didn't really bother to keep in touch with him, I assumed he was also going to forget about me and start a brand new hunt for an Interior Designer once he got his keys.




I was honestly quite pleasantly surprise by his email for an updated quote, so I updated the quote and send it his way, and he once again requested for a site visit. Well, I have a site now, so I was more than happy to oblige, I drop him a text asking him if he was available, but we had a bit of trouble finding a time that would be convenient for the both of us, so he tells me he will discuss with his wife on their availability and then get back to me shortly.



He never did.



So the very next day, fortunately for him, another customer of mine decided to reschedule an appointment with me, and that opened up my schedule for him, so I dropped him a text, telling him I would be available for the time he had initially requested and asked if he would be interested for the site visit.



No response.

He has responded positively to my request, like 36 hours later. Not very sure if I would actually want to run his project for him, just base on how responsive he is. I really do not like to be left hanging when it comes to confirming an appointment.







Also had another customer who texted me, asking if I could send her the space planning proposal via email because she had forgotten what was discussed. Obviously, I wasn't going to give my space planning proposal to a non-paying customer, so I asked her if it was alright for me to just send her the quotation instead so she can look through it and kinda roughly remember what was discussed, to which she just replied with...



"Hmmm."



... I waited for a proper reply after that because what am I suppose to derive from that vague response. We were suppose to meet this coming weekend, a date has been confirmed, but no timing has been set, and after the last exchange, I really wasn't expecting to hear from her anymore, but then here she was, asking me to send her the proposal, and once again, ending the conversation by not really ending it.



So I waited for a while and then decided, fuck it, I will just send her the quotation, hoping she will actually respond once she has gotten something from me.




No response after that.




She did request for the quotation like a few weeks ago, mere days after our first appointment, and seeing how I had actually wanted to run her renovation project at that time, I denied her request and instead urged her to come down for a second appointment so we can actually discuss the details again in person, and because the quotation had exceeded her budget, giving her a copy of the quotation would be the equivalent of scaring her away permanently, so I kept it to myself and was planning to use that as a motivation to get her to come back, and she went silent for a while until she contacted me again...and blah blah blah, I have talked about this in another post so I am just gonna skip that part.




Well, now that she has finally seen the quotation, I was right into believing that the figures were going to scare her away because she is no longer responding to my messages.



I have tried to confirm our appointment this weekend but she isn't replying, leaving me hanging to let me know she is no longer interested. Awesome! Gotta love customers like this. They can go fuck themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment